Moultonborough Youth Praise Band and Sunapee Time Travelers to sing at Open House!
Sunapee, N.H. — (Announcement/article by The Lake Sunapee United Methodist Church) — There will be an Open House on Saturday, September 14, 2013 at The Lake Sunapee United Methodist Church from 1 to 4 p.m.
Many of us have been to or in the Methodist Church on the corner of Lower Main Street and Route 11. We have been to a meeting there, attended Sunapee Seniors, listened to music at the Community Coffeehouse or attended a wedding or a funeral. Some of us may have even visited a time of worship on Sunday morning.
But did you know that there is more going on that reaches into the community and around the world?
The church family is opening up its doors this weekend with an Open House.
In the parking lot (1-4 p.m.), we will have information tables and displays of some of the community opportunities. We will also have the Moultonborough Youth Praise Band and our own Sunapee Time Travelers singing.
It is a time to get to know us as we get to know you.
Inside there will be ongoing refreshments and a place to sit and visit with your neighbors. Take a tour of the building. Also inside will be an ongoing hands on mission from our Out Reach HUB. A group of folks will be cutting and sewing together the School Kits to replenish the shelves at our Emergency Relief Center. We are asking the community to help us “Gather–in” materials for the bags. We are in need of the following:
- Rounded-tipped children’s scissors (Rounded tip only; no plastic scissors please. Remove from packaging)
- Paper – each bag will take 3 units of paper ( 8 ½ X 11 single subject, spiral or top bound notebooks. 150 sheets of loose leaf paper can be used as one unit. No more than 150 sheets of loose leaf paper, please. No composition books.)
- Pencil sharpener (hand-held; at least one inch long. Please remove from packaging)
- Ruler (30 centimeter, hard or flexible; cartoon characters are acceptable. No advertisements.)
- Eraser (2 ½ inch; No advertisements, religious, patriotic, military or camouflage symbols; cartoons are okay.)
- Crayons (24 count box only; open box and check for broken crayons. Remove and replace any broken ones with new ones.)
Bring your donations to the church either before or during the Open House. Participants will make bags from 1 to 3 p.m. and fill the bags starting at p.m.
Come and learn of this domestic and international outreach program supported by our local church and how we as a community can work together to send resources to places of need.
The HUB has processed over a thousand health kits and 700+ cleaning buckets used for Hurricane Sandy, locally in Vermont, as well as in New Jersey and New York. This is a great service project for families, school groups and organizations.
There will be activities for children and youth, as well as many opportunities to sign up for as you are planning your fall activities.
For more information, visit www.lakesunapeeumc.org or call the church, 603-763-4301.