Newport, N.H. — More than 250 people attended the March 2013 “Peeps Party” to showcase entries from the second annual Peeps Diorama Contest at the Library Arts Center in Newport.
Visitors enjoyed viewing the 60+ dioramas featuring the sugar-coated peeps marshmallow candies, peeps-themed refreshments, and a Peeps s’more roast in the parking lot said LAC Executive Director Kate Niboli.
Best in Peeps
“The Peep Ballet” – Allison Howald, Newport
1) The Sinking of the MV Peepsarge – Jill & George Montgomery, Sunapee
2) Zombie Attack in 3D – Stephanie Zara, Unity
3) You Peep What You Sow – Franc Raymond, Georges Mills
1) We the Peeple—Brooke, Rette, & Lynn Solomon, Wilmot
2) “Peepsville” Fire Station—The McCrillis Family, Newport
3) Burroughs Crazy Circus—Mrs. Burroughs 6th Grade Class, Newport
1) Peeps in the Library Arts Center—Uzma Malik, Sunapee
2) Native “Peep”-les—Joshua Almstrom, Croydon
3) Owl Peeping—Jackson Scheele, Georges Mills
The entries from the Peeps Diorama Contest will be on display in the Art Center gallery through Saturday, March 30, during gallery hours, (Saturday, 10-2, and Tuesday through Friday, 11-4.) The show is free and open to all.
Visitors can vote for their favorite diorama to receive The Peep-les Choice Award, which will be announced at the close of the show on Saturday.