Activities & Events at the Mt. Kearsarge Indian Museum in Warner, New Hampshire
For more information, call the museum at 603-456-2600 or visit www.IndianMuseum.org
- Sunday, June 24 – Bead Weaving Class with Lynn Murphy at 10 a.m. and Free Beadwork Demonstration, 1-3 p.m. Lynn Murphy, an Abenaki, educator, wife and mother, is a traditional basketmaker and beadworker.
- Sunday, July 1 – One Needle Applique Beadwork Class with Rhonda Besaw at 10 a.m. and Free Beadwork Demonstration, 1-3 p.m.
- Saturday, July 14 – 13th Annual Intertribal Powwow 10-5, Grand Entry at noon
- Sunday, July 15 – 13th Annual Intertribal Powwow 10-4, Grand Entry at noon
- Sunday, July 29 – Peyote Stitch Beadwork Class with Lynn Murphy 10am and Free Beadwork Demonstration 1-3 p.m.
My ancestors have lived in southern Quebec, Canada and on both sides of the Kwinitekw (Connecticut) River in New Hampshire and Vermont for hundreds of years. By doing beadwork in the same style and manner as my ancestors, I honor those who have gone before me and give to those in the future. Through beadwork, the reality of Abenaki survival can be shared and acknowledged. – Rhonda Besaw (from artist’s statement)