The Lake Sunapee Center for the Arts has a series of programs entitled Artfully New First Fridays! Simply stated: On the first Friday of each month the Center for the Arts showcases local talent by hosting an event open to the public free of charge. The event might be a gallery opening and artist reception, a musical concert or a theatrical performance.
These programs invite the public to experience art in their own backyard while supporting our local artists and strengthening our regional art community. All, good things.
So, what’s coming up?
March’s First Friday, on March 2, brings you The Terry Moore Trio performing at Rockwell’s Tavern at the New London Inn, Main Street, New London, from 5 to 7 pm.
Terry, a well-known local musician, plays accompanied by his two sons, Tobias and Thomas. All three singer-songwriters use a tight harmony in their songs, playing a mixture of originals, blues, Beatles, Eagles, Van Morrison, Tom Petty, and Crosby, Stills and Nash. The concert will be cabaret style so listeners can enjoy music while also enjoying their favorite beverage.
And the First Fridays will continue…
- April 6 – Classical music with Trilogy
- May 4 – Grand arts opening with artists receptions, music by Summer Music Associates, and a joint literary event
- June 1 – Theatre previews with the New London Barn Players
- July 6 – Summer music on the New London Green with the Community Band
- August 3 – Gallery walk and reception
- September 7 – Theatre highlights with Northern Stage
- October 5 – Storytelling and more
- November 2 – Gallery walk and reception
- December 7 – Music on the New London Green
To get more information about First Fridays and the Center for the Arts, visit www.centerfortheartsnh.org or call 603-526-4444.
The Center for the Arts is a nonprofit volunteer organization which welcomes your participation and your donations to help them continue their work bringing the arts to all in our community.