“Tasty food, toe-tapping music and tons of fun games” will be part of Riverfest, a community celebration in Sunapee next Sunday. It will take place along the banks of the between Maple and High streets in the harbor village area of town.
Date and time: August 7 from 4:00 to 8:30 pm.
Project Sunapee, a local non-profit, is sponsoring the event and here’s what’s planned…
- A “Best in NH” pig roast by chef Scott Call. BBQ Chicken. Veggie Burgers. Hot dogs and more.
- A call to bakers to bring their best pies and cookies. After the judges award the blue ribbons, the desserts will be served for all to enjoy.
- Dancing in the street with renowned fiddler, contra and barn dance caller Dudley Laufman.
- Music with Track 13–Pirozzoli, Putnam, Putnam and Flewelling.
- Old fashioned carnival games for all ages.
- Face painting, balloons and “serendipitous surprises!”
Proceeds will go toward Sunapee’s covered bridge campaign. Read more about the project in Project Sunapee’s July 2011 newsletter available on-line.
Project Sunapee is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting and encouraging economic vitality and education, cultural and historic assets, scenic landscapes and the social well being of our community.