The filing period runs from January 19 through January 28 for candidates seeking election to local town and school offices in Sunapee. Filing forms for town offices are available at the Town Clerk’s office and, for school positions, at the SAU office. School and town elections will be held on Tuesday, March 8, 2011.
Sunapee town offices due for re-election are listed below and on the Town Warrant.
- 1 Selectman – 3 Year Term
- 1 Treasurer – 1 Year Term
- 1 Fire Engineer – 4 Year Term
- 1 Cemetery Commissioner – 3 Year Term
- 2 Library Trustees – 3 Year Term
- 1 Trustee of Trust Fund – 3 Year Term
- 2 Planning Board Members – 3 Year Term
- 2 Water & Sewer Commissioners – 3 Year Term
- 1 Zoning Board Members – 3 Year Term
- 1 Zoning Board Members – 2 Year Term
- 1 Zoning Board Members – 1 Year Term
The SAU office at 68 Main Street, Sunapee Harbor, has the filing forms for candidates running for school offices. During the filing period–today through January 28–the office will be open 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunapee School District offices up for re-election are listed below and on the school warrant, which is posted in three locations in town (the school, school gym and town hall. The SAU does not post the Sunapee School District Warrant on-line.)
- 1 School Moderator – 1 Year Term
- 1 School Clerk – 1 Year Term
- 1 School Treasurer – 1 Year Term
- 2 School Board Members – 3 Year Term
Related Sunapee News articles:
Filed under: Announcements, Local Government, Politics & Public Policy, Sunapee Schools, Sunapee, NH 03782 | Tagged: Candidates, Elections, School board, Sunapee SAU 85, Town government, Town Meeting, Voting |